Our dentists—Dr. Kevin Olson and Dr. Jeremy John—have provided information on our medical instruments, procedures, and pediatric treatments as well as home health practices for your child’s teeth. Call 775-461-3800 or visit our Carson City, Nevada, office to learn more about oral and dental health.
- Digital X-Rays
- Early Infant Oral Care
- General Anesthesia
- Hospital Sedation and Dentistry
- Intraoral Camera
- Nitrous Oxide
- Oral Health and Nutrition
- Thumb, Finger, and Pacifier Habits
Your oral and overall health are closely linked. The mouth forms a gateway to the rest of the body, and the condition of your teeth, gums, and other oral tissues can often affect your general health and well-being. Studies have shown that poor oral health has been linked to heart disease, diabetes, pregnancy complications, and other serious medical conditions.
A healthy mouth aids in the nutrition of the physical body, enhances social interaction, and promotes your self-esteem and feeling of general well-being. Your mouth will often provide “signals” to the rest of the body about health problems in the form of ulcers or lesions, bone loss, bleeding or swollen gums, or a reduced saliva flow, to name only a few symptoms. Bacteria in the mouth can cause infection in other areas of the body, and systemic conditions that affect the entire body are also known to have an impact on your oral health.
We encourage you to do everything you can to keep your mouth healthy. This includes:
- Brushing your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day, and flossing daily
- Scheduling and keeping all your regular dental visits
- Being aware of your oral health, and telling your dentist about any changes in your overall health (recent illnesses, ongoing conditions, medication use, etc.)
- Refraining from smoking or chewing tobacco
- Managing dry mouth
If you have questions about your oral health or the mouth-body connection, please feel free to contact our office. We will be happy to provide you with more information and schedule your appointment with our dentist.