DENTAL CROWNS FOR CHILDREN
For a damaged tooth, sometimes fillings are not enough. Our dentists and team are trained to provide crowns for children’s baby teeth to stop infections from spreading to adult teeth. Call 775-461-3800 to schedule a visit at Carson City Pediatric Dentistry and Dayton Pediatric Dentistry in Carson City and Dayton, Nevada, and learn about options for dental crowns.
Children’s teeth are at great risk for developing cavities. Even though baby teeth are temporary, they play a vital role in your child’s smile and should receive proper care. When your child’s baby teeth are severely decayed, fillings are unlikely to be an effective treatment. Instead, our dentists may recommend a stainless steel dental crown. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends stainless steel dental crowns as the treatment of choice for children with extensive tooth decay or who have received a pulpotomy (a root canal procedure for primary teeth).
A stainless steel crown provides many benefits, including:
- Inexpensive treatment
- Complete protection for the affected tooth
- Little to no tooth sensitivity following treatment
- Reduced likelihood of retreatment
- Greater success than fillings in children younger than age 4
- Children who need general anesthesia are more easily treated
- Effective space maintainers — in fact, stainless steel crowns are often used as attachments for space maintainers
Our dentists and team are committed to providing your child with the best possible treatments to help them develop strong smiles and enjoy long-term oral health. We invite you to contact our office today for more information about stainless steel dental crowns for baby teeth and to make an appointment with our dentists.